Welcome to Freelance-Security.net
Freelance-Security.net is an online platform for security services performed and/or asked by its users.
Freelance Security does not employ any of its users, and it’s not a private agency.
By accessing and/or registering with the website at http://www.Freelance-Security.net, you are agreeing to be bound by these following Terms and Conditions applicable to members of the service operated by Freelance-Security.net. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright law.
In the event a member breaches or otherwise fails to comply with any provision of these Terms and Conditions then in addition to any other remedy available to Freelance-Security, Freelance-Security may terminate the participation of such member in the service (with or without notice) and/or may withhold any payments relating to participation in the service due to such member from Freelance-Security.
Freelance-Security’s Online Platform
Freelance-Security offers an online platform to connect Clients/Employers with Security Professionals and viceversa. As a neutral facilitator, Freelance-Security has no control over the truth, accuracy, quality, legality, or safety of postings made by users. Freelance-Security cannot and does not confirm the identity of users. Freelance-Security also does not confirm nor verify the qualifications, background, or abilities of users. Make sure you understand the role of Freelance-Security before using the site.
This Site is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 you may not use this Site or the Freelance-Security services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms and Conditions. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Main terms, in a big picture
- Only registered users can transact on Freelance-Security. Registration is free.
- Clients pay Freelance-Security in advance to create a project.
- Professionals must fulfil their missions, and may not cancel them on a regular basis or without cause. Cancelling missions will affect professionals’ reputation and status.
- Professionals gain account statuses based on their reputation. A high status provides their owners with benefits.
- Users may offer or accept payments using other methods than the ones provided through Freelance-Security.net, but lose the protection of the ESCROW system.
- Professionals create Profiles on Freelance-Security to allow clients to purchase their services.
- Each mission you successfully complete, accredits your account with a net revenue of 100% of the bid amount.
- Freelance-Security accredits professionals once a project is completed.
- If a mission is cancelled (for any reason), the funds paid will be refunded to the client’s account.
- Revenues are only made available for withdrawal following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the project is marked as complete. Top Rated Professionals are eligible to withdraw revenue following a safety clearance period of 7 days after the project is marked as complete.
- Professionals may not promote their Profiles or any Freelance-Security content via the AdWords platform.
- The professional’s rating is calculated based on the mission reviews posted by clients. High ratings allow professionals to obtain advanced professional status.
- For security concerns, Freelance-Security may temporarily disable a professional’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behavior reported by clients, or associating multiple Freelance-Security accounts to a single withdrawal provider.
- To permanently remove your account, please e-mail a request to email@example.com with your username and password.
- Posts (and Projects/Missions) created on Freelance-Security are User Generated Content.
- Posts (and Projects/Missions) may be removed by Freelance-Security for violations to these Terms and Conditions, which may include (but are not limited to) the following violations and/or materials:
- Illegal or Fraudulent services
- Adult oriented services, Inappropriate
- Spam, Nonsense, or Violent Deals
- Services that extend beyond the service duration
- Posts that are removed for violations mentioned above, may result in the suspension of the users’s account.
- Posts that are removed for violations are not eligible to be restored or edited.
- Posts may be removed from our Search feature due to poor performance and/or user misconduct.
- Posts containing websites promoting content, which violates Freelance-Security’s Terms and Conditions, will be removed.
- Statements that undermine or circumvent these Terms and Conditions is prohibited.
Freelance-Security is all about helping professionals leverage their skills. We seek to empower top performing professionals with helpful tools to grow their business. Professionals who invest in self-promotion may achieve greater customer satisfaction and, if they deliver on time and maintain high quality and ratings, Freelance-Security may reward them with new statuses, special opportunities, benefits and tools that come with it.
- To withdraw your revenue, you must have an account with at least one of Freelance-Security’s withdrawal methods.
- Your Freelance-Security profile can be associated with only one account from each Freelance-Security withdrawal methods. A withdrawal provider account can be associated with only one Freelance-Security profile.
- To withdraw your available revenue, you must click on the designated withdrawal provider to initiate the withdrawal process
- Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
- Withdrawal fees vary depending on the withdrawal method.
- Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone.
|Withdraw to your PayPal Account||2% of the sum withdrawal amount up to $1*||For a list of PayPal
services by country click here
* Additional fees may apply based on your location and currency.
- You may offer direct payments to professionals using payment systems outside of the Freelance-Security, but you loose the protection of the Escrow system.
- Services requested on Freelance-Security must be an allowed service on Freelance-Security.
- To permanently remove your account, please e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with your username and password.
- Clients pay Freelance-Security to create a project.
- Membership plans may be purchased using one of the available payment methods.
- If you have funds in your account balance, it will be automatically applied to your next payment, but only in the event that your balance covers the entire payment amount.
- Once payment is confirmed, your project will be created and given a unique Freelance-Security order number.
- Professionals must deliver completed files and/or proof of work using the Attachments button.
- Using Attachments button may not be abused by professionals to circumvent Project guidelines described in this Terms and Conditions. Using the “Completed” button when a mission was not fulfilled may result in a cancellation of that project after review, affect the professional’s rating and result in a warning to professional.
- A project is complete after the mission is marked as Complete and then rated by a client.
- We encourage our clients and professionals to try and settle conflicts among themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Freelance-Security’s Customer Support department for assistance.
- When a client creates a Project, the professionals with requested skills are notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
- Professionals are required to meet the delivery time they specified when starting a mission. Failing to do so will allow the client to cancel the project and may harm the professional’s status.
- Professionals must send completed files and/or proof of work to mark the Project as Completed.
- Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Freelance-Security will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
- A Professional may cancel a mission without the client’s consent at any given moment (Force Cancellation). However, this will have a negative effect on the professional’s status.
- Feedback reviews provided by clients while completing a project are an essential part of Freelance-Security’s rating system. Reviews demonstrate the client’s overall experience with the professionals and their service. Clients are encouraged to communicate to the professional any concerns experienced during their mission in regards to the service provided by the professional.
- Leaving a client’s feedback is a basic prerogative of a client. Feedback reviews will not be removed unless there are clear violations to our Terms and Conditions.
- To prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, all feedback reviews must come from legitimate missions executed exclusively through the Freelance-Security platform from users within our Community. Payments arranged, determined to artificially enhance professional ratings, or to abuse the Freelance-Security platform with payments from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
- Feedback comments given by clients are publicly displayed on a professional’s page.
- Withholding the delivery of services, files, or information required to complete the Project with the intent to gain favorable reviews or additional services is prohibited.
- Professionals may not solicit the removal of feedback reviews from their clients through mutual cancellations.
Disputes and Cancellations
We encourage our clients and professionals to try and settle conflicts among themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Freelance-Security’s Customer Support department for assistance here.
- Cancellations can be performed on Freelance-Security, when eligible, by Customer Support or through the Resolution Center per project.
- Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation to these Terms and Conditions. Doing so may get your account temporarily disabled to investigate possible security violations. Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
- In the event that a client or professional encounters an issue related to the service provided in a project, you are encouraged to use the Site’s dispute resolution tools to attempt to resolve the matter.
- Freelance-Security reserves the right to cancel projects or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
- If a mission is cancelled (for any reason) by the freelancer, the funds paid will be refunded to the client’s balance.
- Requesting to gain more services from professionals beyond the agreed requirements is not allowed.
- Freelance-Security encourages Clients and Professionals to resolve service disputes mutually using the Resolution Center.
- Eligibility for requests to Freelance-Security to cancel a project will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations to our Terms and Conditions, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Freelance-Security delivery system.
- Projects are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the professional if the service was rendered as described in the bid. Clients may rate their experience with the professional, including the overall level of service quality received.
- Clients must use Freelance-Security Resolution Center to address their concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their professional prior to contacting Customer Support. Customer Support will not take any action against Projects where the clients failed to inform their professional of issues related to the professional’s service and will allow professionals to provide a resolution first. This does not include non-permitted usage of Freelance-Security.
- Any non-permitted usage of Freelance-Security encountered during a Project, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in cancellation. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations to Freelance-Security’s Terms and Conditions.
- Freelance-Security Customer Support will cancel projects based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- The professional is late and unresponsive for more than 24 hours.
- Users are abusive towards the other party through threats of low ratings or leveraging order materials (such as logins, personal information) against each other.
- Users supplied or included infringing materials as part of the Client requirements or the professional’s delivery.
- The user is no longer an active Freelance-Security user due to Terms and Conditions violations or closure of their account.
- The professional extends the delivery due date to complete the requested service without providing the final delivered service to clients.
- Note: Multiple reported offenses will result in permanent suspension of your account.
- The professional delivers no files and/or proof of work related to the agreed upon project requirements.
- Note: Subjectivity of the materials in question will be reviewed by our Customer Support team.
- The professional requests additional payments, on or off the Freelance-Security platform, by withholding the final delivery of services directly related to the agreed requirements.
- The professional is withholding the final delivery of services for improved ratings.
- Clients who threaten to leave a damaging review to gain more services from the professional not related to the agreed requirements.
- Users who have been reported to use infringing materials after verification and with proof.
- Freelance-Security Customer Support will review cases of Project delivery manipulation that prevents clients and professionals from fully utilizing our Resolution Center that enabled the project to be marked as complete.
- Freelance-Security does not automatically refund payments made for cancelled projects back to your payment provider. Funds from cancellations are refunded to the client’s balance as credit and are available for future payments on Freelance-Security. Funds returned to your balance from cancelations will not include processing fees paid.
- Deposit refunds, when available from the payment provider, can be performed by our Customer Support team. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund from their account which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee. If any processing fees were added at the time of payment to create a new order, the processing fees from that payment will not be refunded along with your deposit.
User Conduct and Protection
Freelance-Security enables people around the world to purchase nearly any security service they need at an unbeatable value. Services offered on Freelance-Security reflect the diversity of an expanding freelance economy. Members of the Freelance-Security community communicate and engage through projects, social media, and on Freelance-Security’s Blog.
Freelance-Security maintains a friendly, community spirited, and professional environment. Users should keep to that spirit while participating in any activity or extensions of Freelance-Security. This section relates to the expected conduct users should adhere to while interacting with each other on Freelance-Security.
To report a violation of our Terms and Conditions, User Misconduct, or inquiries regarding your account, please contact our Customer Support team here. Therefore, to permanently remove your account, please e-mail a request to email@example.com with your username and password.
- To protect our users’ privacy, personal contact details are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Freelance-Security platform it is permitted, but you may loose credibility and/or create doudbts in case of a dispute.
- Any necessary exchange of personal information required to continue a service may be exchanged within the project’s page.
- Freelance-Security does not provide any guarantee of the level of service offered to clients. You may use the dispute resolution tools provided to you.
- Freelance-Security does not provide protection for users who interact outside of the Freelance-Security platform.
- All information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Freelance-Security’s platform.
- Rude, abusive, improper language, or violent messages sent to users will not be tolerated and may result in an account warning or the suspension/removal of your account.
- Users with the intention to defame competing professionals by ordering from competing services will have their reviews removed or further account status related actions determined by review by our Trust & Safety team.
- Users are to refrain from spamming or soliciting previous Clients or Professionals to pursue removing/modifying reviews or cancelling projects that do not align on Cancellations or Feedback policies.
- Freelance-Security reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of professionals. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the professional’s favour. If the chargeback case allows, Freelance-Security will return parts or full revenue back to professionals.
Users may receive a warning to their account for violations of our Terms and Conditions or any user misconduct reported to our Trust and Safety team. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such user on the Site. Warnings do not limit account activity, but can lead to your account losing professional statuses or becoming permanently disabled based on the severity of the violation.
Adult Services & Pornography – Freelance-Security does not allow any exchange of adult oriented or pornographic materials and services.
Inappropriate Behaviour & Language – Communication on Freelance-Security should be friendly, constructive, and professional. Freelance-Security condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between individuals, a system to rate orders, and to engage on larger platforms such as our Blog and Social Media pages.
Phishing and Spam – Freelance-Security takes the matter of its members’ security seriously. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromise another member’s account or computer environment is strictly prohibited. Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them for commercial purposes without their consent.
Privacy & Identity – You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any exchange of personal information required for the completion of a service must be provided in the project page. Any users who engage and communicate off of Freelance-Security will not be protected by our Terms and Conditions.
Fraud / Unlawful Use – You may not use Freelance-Security for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
Multiple Accounts – To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead the Freelance-Security community will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts. Note: any violations to Freelance-Security’s Terms and Conditions is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
Targeted Abuse – We do not tolerate users who engage in targeted abuse or harassment towards other users on Freelance-Security. This includes creating new multiple accounts to harass members through our message or projects system.
Selling Accounts – You may not buy or sell Freelance-Security accounts.
- Freelance-Security reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of these Terms and Conditions or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the Site or services.
- Violation of Freelance-Security’s Terms and Conditions may get your account disabled permanently.
- Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy on Freelance-Security.
- Users who have violated our Terms and Conditions and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Support team for more information surrounding the violation and status of the account.
- Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Support by providing materials that prove ownership of that account.
- Professionals will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Freelance-Security’s approval.
- Disputes should be handled using Freelance-Security’s dispute resolution tools or by contacting Freelance-Security Customer Support.
- Freelance-Security may make changes to its Terms and Conditions from time to time. When these changes are made, Freelance-Security will make a new copy of the Terms and Conditions available on this page.
- You understand and agree that if you use Freelance-Security after the date on which the Terms and Conditions have changed, Freelance-Security will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Terms and Conditions.
User Generated Content
User Generated Content (“UGC”) refers to the content added by users as opposed to content created by the Site. All content uploaded to Freelance-Security by our users (Clients and Professionals) is User Generated Content. Freelance-Security does not check user uploaded/created content for appropriateness, and rights or violations. We invite everyone to report violations together with appropriate proof. Reported violating content may be removed or disabled.
Furthermore, Freelance-Security is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Professionals. We provide no warranty with respect to the missions, their delivery, and any communications between clients and professionals. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate service offers.
By offering a service, the professional undertakes that he/she has sufficient permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide, sell or resell the service is offered on Freelance-Security. Professionals advertising their Profile online must comply with laws and Terms and Conditions of the advertising platform or relevant website used to advertise. Failing to do so may result in suspension of professional’s account.
Professionals further confirm that whatever information they receive from the client, which is not public domain, shall be kept confidential and shall not be shared or used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the ordered work to the client.
Furthermore, users (both clients and professionals) agree that unless they explicitly indicate otherwise, the content users voluntarily create/upload to Freelance-Security, including texts, photos, videos, usernames, user photos, user videos and any other information, including the display of delivered work, may be used by Freelance-Security for no consideration for assesments purposes.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER FREELANCE-SECURITY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH FREELANCE-SECURITY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
THIS SERVICE MAY CONTAIN TRANSLATIONS POWERED BY GOOGLE. GOOGLE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATED TO THE TRANSLATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
The Site has been translated for your convenience using translation software powered by Google Translate. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation, however, no automated translation is perfect nor is it intended to replace human translators. Translations are provided as a service to users of the website, and are provided “as is”. No warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy, reliability, or correctness of any translations made from English into any other language. Some content (such as images, videos, Flash, etc.) may not be accurately translated due to the limitations of the translation software.
The official text is the English version of the website. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated website, please refer to the English version of the website which is the official version.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL FREELANCE-SECURITY , ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.